qjscott: (Default)
Oh, my God, what a fanTAStic event!

On the night before, I was vacillating about going. It's been a long time since I've been to an event and, between me, you and the lamppost, I've taken a step back from the SCA. Burnout and some unsavory elements have drained the fun out of my hobby. Couple this with my innate body problems and you've got a recipe for hesitancy. However, with the SCA taking a stand about vaccination (you are required to be vaccinated or had a negative Covid test in the past 72 hours of the event before you can attend), I was more comfortable. With that in mind (and the fact that I haven't seen some of these people in close to two years), I went.

On my way there (not five minutes from the site), I had a panic attack. Fortunately, in anticipation of something like this, I packed my Klonopin. I pulled over to a nearby gas station, took it, waited another few minutes, before continuing on to the site. By the time I got there and out the car, I was relaxed and ready to face whatever was tossed my way.

It was a BLAST!

Oh, so many hugs and kisses! I met my (other) Bat-Niece and gifted her with a small Batman figure from my personal collection. I can't convey how much fun it was! Just...WOOOOOOW! There were two unsavory elements there, but they mostly steered clear of me and I them.

I couldn't stay for Court (my event stamina is GONE) and I took off. Got home in record time, loaded up on ibuprofen, Tylenol, Aleve, and gabapentin. I slept like a rock, woke up the next morning, and fought the "Nods" for the rest of the day. Lack of event stamina and post-event "hangover" was extra-special strong.

As fun as it was, this doesn't mean that I'm heading back in to the Society or events. This is still a "how do I feel" sorta thing. We'll see what the future holds.

Be good to one another.
◾ Tags:

January 2025

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19 202122232425
262728293031 

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags